Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Surprise Baby Shower!


Last night, my mom had invited us to come over to my Grandmother's house for what I thought was a late 4th of July cookout. I was so happy when we got there, because the majority of my cousins, my 2 aunts and uncles, my grandmother, my sister, and my parents were all there. It is not an easy task to get everyone together at one time! As we finished up dinner, they brought out a baby cake...I thought it was really nice, but I was still clueless as to the fact that this was a surprise baby shower. After cake, my dad comes walking in with several gifts. That is when it finally hit me!! I know, I am kind of slow these days!


My family had organized this whole surprise for our little Colby!! I was so excited!!! We have not really bought Colby anything yet...I guess the shock of our situation has kind of delayed us in our preparations for his arrival. Now, though, Colby has bouncey seats, a new swing (which is great since Brody kind of made ours sit a little crooked), pajamas, diapers, wipes, loveys, onesies, etc. This makes Jason and I very happy!!!


As I have said before, we have an amazing family!!! I am so thankful that they are in our lives, and I don't know what we would do without them! God definitely blessed us, and in doing so, He has blessed Colby with such an incredible and loving support system!


Thank you family for your love and for the big surprise last night!!! We truly appreciate it!! We love you all!

No comments: