Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Still Gaining!


Today's weight check went great!! Colby now weighs 8 lb 8 oz...that is an 8 oz gain in one week! We are very excited about this increase! It makes all of the feedings we are doing so worth it! Since Colby can't eat very much at one time (he gets tired), we have been offering him 2 ounces every 1 1/2 hours. It seems like he is always eating, but we are just doing whatever we can at this point to help him bulk up. We have also started fortifying every other bottle he takes with the soy formula. I am happy to say that he seems to be tolerating it okay...thank goodness! Hopefully, we are well on our way now to getting him bigger and stronger!


Colby's sats were only at 80 today. This is the low number that our cardiologist gave us...he wanted to know if Colby went below 80. Jason and I have been so used to being on the high end, we weren't sure what to think of being on the very low end. So, being the paranoid mom that I am, I called the cardiologist's office. They have assured me that this number is okay, but we do need to watch for any blue spells. I have been instructed to call them if he does turn blue before we go back to the cardiologist next Wednesday. My hopes are that he will be okay until then.


All of our doctor's appointments are over for this week, but next week, we go for our weekly weight/sats check on Monday, to the neurologist for follow up on his seizures on Tuesday, and to the cardiologist on Wednesday. Colby has a busy week ahead of him! I'm sure he will enjoy being able to get out of the house, though...I know I will!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys!

I came across your blog when Marye sent the link to hers. So, I just got all caught up. Bless your hearts. I can't even begin to imagine...

I just wanted to tell you that I will be praying for you all!

XO,
Tasha

PS. That Brody is for sure a Jason CLONE ;) CuteyPatutey!

Anonymous said...

yay for Colby!! And for his mommy's and daddy's hard work!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are still posting....we will continue to keep you in our prayers for strength for Colby and endurance for you :-)