Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Colby turns 2 months!

Wow! It is hard for us to believe that Colby is now two months old. It is also hard for us to believe how well he is doing! We didn't think we would leave the hospital before a surgery was needed, and we surely didn't expect to make it all the way to two months with no surgery. God is definitely taking care of Colby!

Colby has changed and grown (thank goodness) so much in these two months. He is developing the cutest little personality. I can already tell that I am going to have my hands full with Brody and Colby as they get older, especially when their leader (Jason) gets together with them...my three boys!!!

We took Colby to the pediatrician yesterday for his two month checkup. He is looking great! For starters, he now weighs 10 pounds!!!! That's right...he gained a little over an ounce a day again this past week! What a relief!!! His sats were looking good yesterday, too...85. We just have to continue hanging out right there for a few more months! As Dr. Hudson listened to his heart, he made the best description I've heard of what Colby's heart sounds like. He said it is like a marching band in his chest!
Colby is definitely growing like a weed. He is now 21 1/4 inches long, which means he has grown 2 1/2 inches in the past 6 weeks. His head circumference has also grown. It measured 15 inches, which is 1 1/4 inches bigger than 6 weeks ago. I've already mentioned his weight, but I think I will mention it again!! He weighs 10 pounds!!!!! This is up 3 lbs from 6 weeks ago!

Since it was his two month visit, he unfortunately had to get those dreaded 2 month immunizations. There were 5 of them total. Luckily, Ms. Debbie is an awesome nurse and had two of them done before he even realized he should be crying. He did really well, and I didn't even have to give him any Tylenol! He did sleep a lot yesterday afternoon, though!
We are also very excited to report that Colby seems to be right on track developmentally. He has hit all of the developmental milestones that he should for 2 months old. I'm sure our neurologist will be glad to hear this, especially since he has concerns because of the seizures Colby had right after birth.

Here are a few of Colby's "accomplishments" from these first 2 months:
  • Gurgles and coos, especially when we talk to him (I think I am going to have another chatter box on my hands...you should hear him and Brody "talk" to each other)
  • Lots of smiling!! He is such a happy baby! His smile always makes us happy, no matter what kind of day we are having!
  • Follows objects from side to side

  • Bats at toys hanging in front of him

  • Can roll onto his side

  • I wouldn't believe this one if I hadn't seen it for myself...he rolled from his tummy to his back the other day! I'm still not sure how he did this so early, but he did! It may have just been a one time fluke, but it is still pretty amazing!

  • Sleeping 5 - 5 1/2 hours at night!!!! This is great, especially since I was making him wake up every 3 hours for so long! This also means that I am able to get a 4 hour stretch of sleep now...very nice!

Obviously, we are very proud of Colby. We are celebrating and enjoying each and every milestone that we see, and we are thanking God for watching over him and protecting him. Thank all of you for your continued prayers as well! Colby is a blessed baby to have so many wonderful friends and family thinking of him daily!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Jason could even roll over on his tummy yet, so I'm very impressed with Colby. Great report.

Anonymous said...

He is absolutly precious and he's getting so big--I am so happy for all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news. He is so precious. I love his smile. I can't believe that Uncle Lee is 694 months older than Colby. Have a good week and continue to get some rest. Can Jason turn over? Love to all of you.

Aunt Pat