Friday, March 27, 2009

More Good News

Colby had to go to the pediatrician's office this morning for his last Synagis shot of this season. I am so glad that we are done with these monthly shots for a while! He will unfortunately have to get them again next year, but at least they won't start until October. Poor Colby needs a break from all this poking!

The good news from the appointment, besides this being his last shot, is his weight. Our little
monkey now weighs 14 lb 14 oz!!! I was worried I would never see the day that he weighed this close to 15 lbs. I am so proud of him and so thankful to God! I have been on cloud nine since he got off of the scale! This is an oz a day weight gain since our last visit to the pediatrician. I know I say this all of the time, but it is so true...he continues to amaze me daily. He has such an amazing spirit and strength for such a little guy. He is truly an inspiration to our family! We are so blessed!

I have to share how blessed we are to have Brody as well. I can't believe how good God has been to Jason and me. We have two awesome boys! Brody is just such a great big brother. He always takes great care of his little buddy. Luckily, I had my camera in my purse this morning, and I was able to capture some of the cutest pics of Brody taking care of Colby. I just have to share with all of you!! I wish I had video of him talking to Colby. Too too cute!!!

This first picture is of Brody entertaining Colby as we waited to be called back. He loves to talk and sing to Colby, and believe me, Colby loves to watch him! There was another mom in the waiting room, and she commented on how sweet Brody was to his little brother. She said I was very lucky, and I have to agree 100%!





After Colby got his "boo boo," Brody was right there to comfort him. Brody always says, "It's okay Colby...don't cry!" Once Colby got calmed down, I sat them on the table together, and Brody leaned over and gave him a big kiss. I just love it! They are so sweet!




Of course by this point, Brody wanted a snack. So, Colby and Brody enjoyed a Gerber Wagon Wheel to celebrate Colby's big weight gain. Colby has really been enjoying these little Wagon Wheels. I'm guessing it feels good on his little gums.


4 comments:

Daniel and Deitra Mixer said...

Becca! This is SO GREAT!! It is so exciting (but not surprising!) to see God answer the prayers of His people! Your boys are just AWESOME! :)

Katie said...

He's really chunking right up!?! That's the best news ever :) Keep it up Colby (and mommy)!!!

Wayne said...

Way to go (((((Colby)))). God bless Colby and famly.

Melissa said...

I am so tickled for ya'll--they are both absolutely precious--I love the pictures!!!