Friday, May 15, 2009

Colby's First Word

Our little monkey said his first word! I can't believe he is already old enough to be talking. We were having dinner the other night, and in a moment of silence (which doesn't happen around here very often), Colby said "da-da." Jason and I just kind of looked at each other in amazement, unsure if we had really heard him right. Colby quickly repeated "da-da" very clearly and got the biggest smile on his face. He was so proud! I guess he knew he had done something great. Brody got excited too! He started clapping and screaming, "Good Job Colby! Good Job Colby!" It was such an awesome moment! I am so happy that we were able to hear the first "da-da" as a family and then capture the next few on video!

Funny fact: Brody's first word was also "da-da," and he said it while we were having dinner at a Mexican Restaurant. We just happened to be eating Mexican food when Colby said "da-da" the other night, too. I guess our boys like Mexican Food, just like their momma!!


Colby is having so much fun with his new word, repeating it all day long. I keep trying to get him to say "momma," but I've had no luck yet. I think "da-da" must be his favorite person. I don't care what he says, as long as I get to hear him talk. It is such a sweet, sweet sound!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That was so fun seeing him in action! What a cutie pie!!!