Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Surgery Date Scheduled


I spoke with scheduling earlier today, and we have scheduled Colby's Glenn Operation for Friday, August 28th. Having a date is great, but it also makes me very nervous...it became much more real today! We will go on Thursday, the 27th for his Pre-op appointment with Dr. Christian and Dr. Doyle. I hope to find out more information about what the surgery will actually involve. I have had a very hard time making myself even think about it until now. I will share more information about the surgery after we meet with them on that Thursday.

Colby seems to be doing much better now after his cath last week. He had a couple days where he wasn't feeling so great, but he is slowly but surely getting back to his old self. His sleep schedule has changed, but I'm hoping that is because he is getting in a couple of teeth...finally! These first 2 teeth have been kind of lonely! I think 2 more teeth are popping through on the bottom. I guess those top teeth will come eventually.

Both the boys love being outside, so we go out as much as we possibly can. We recently bought a trailer for our bikes, so they have had a lot of fun going for rides in that. Colby also likes to "drive" his little car when Brody is out driving his truck. I can already see that he wants to be just like his big brother...so sweet!




No comments: