Friday, November 4, 2011

Bluegrass Halloween Party

Jason and I have never been to an adult costume party together...ever! In 9 years of marriage and 2 years of dating prior to that, we have just never had the opportunity. We have only dressed up one time in those 11 years and that was for a Halloween party that Brody was invited to at age 1. So, when we decided to attend a Costume Party with friends at Bluegrass this year, we were clueless about costumes. It didn't help that we made the decision to go about a week in advance...not much time to get a costume!

I checked a couple of local costume stores, but nothing really stood out to me, especially since the majority of the costumes for women were a little revealing! With two days to go before the party, my sister gave me a few suggestions, including the one we decided on...Tacky Tourists. With one day to spare, I went to the local thrift store and found both of our costumes for less than $15. The costumes were definitely last minute and not super creative, but they were very inexpensive and hilarious, especially Jason's!

The party was a lot of fun, and I would love to go again next year! Hopefully, we will spend a little more time on our costumes, though!!





The Tacky Tourists


Mario and Princess Peach




Elvis and Priscilla




Popeye and Olive Oil

No comments: