Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Psalm 23

Colby's preschool teachers this year, Ms. Patty and Ms. Sharon, worked with the kids on memorizing Psalm 23 as part of their Bible lessons.  I had no idea how well Colby was doing with this until I picked him up on Tuesday.  Ms. Patty handed me a little streamer to hang in his room that says, "I know Psalm 23."  I couldn't wait for him to recite it for me!


This makes my heart happy in so many ways!  We have been told numerous times since Colby's diagnosis that he will suffer from learning disabilities from being on bypass during his surgeries.  We also had the scare with his seizures at birth...the neurologists didn't know what type of damage, if any, those may have caused to his brain.  Now, at 3 years old, he has memorized this entire Psalm, knows all his letters, colors, can count to at least 25, can write his name (although he still needs help with the y), and seems to be right on track academically.  I guess this is Colby showing us once again that God is in control, and God has a plan for all of us..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11  Thank you God!

No comments: