Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Brody's first full day of Kindergarten

With Brody's birthday being so late in August, we did make the decision to have him repeat Kindergarten in our zoned public school this year.  Brody is actually very excited about this, because he is looking forward to being one of the oldest kids in his class instead of the very youngest.

Sumner County had a delay in the school year starting due to some budget problems, but the county finally started on August 16, which meant Brody got to go for his Kindergarten Phase in Day on Monday, August 20.  He had a really fun day meeting all of the Kindergarten teachers and learning all about the school.



On Wednesday the 22nd, Mrs. Cook called to tell us that she would be Brody's Kindergarten teacher this year.  We are so excited for Brody to be in Mrs. Cook's class!!  I think he is going to have a great year with her!

Brody's first full day of school was on Thursday, August 23.  I walked him over to school and got to stay in his classroom for a few minutes before saying goodbye.  As I walked out of that school, I completely fell apart!  I knew he was excited and would be well taken care of, but it just hit me that he is in big school now!  Last year's Kindergarten was only 8:30-12:45, but this year, he will go from 8:45-3:45!!!  He is officially a big kid, and I am going to miss him like crazy!!


No comments: