Saturday, May 4, 2013

Kids Rock Marathon

Brody completed his 2nd marathon on Sunday, April 28.  He was fortunate this year to be able to run with his school.  Nannie Berry has an awesome running club led by his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Cook, and another teacher, Mrs. Fields.  The kids met after school every Monday and Wednesday for over 3 months.  They definitely got in more than their 25 miles!

On Sunday, several thousand kids from all over met at the Titans Stadium to run the last 1.2 miles of their marathon.  I was so happy that Brody asked me to run with him again this year.  I cherish these sweet moments with him!  He ran this last mile faster than I have ever seen him run and never once stopped to walk.  I don't think he was even breathing heavy!  We are so proud of him and all of the other runners that completed this huge task.  We are also very thankful to Mrs. Cook and Mrs. Fields for making this happen for the Nannie Berry Kids.  RUN NBE!!! 












No comments: