Wednesday, July 12, 2017

CPT

I have always loved fitness, and I have a passion for sharing that love of fitness with others.  Over the last several months at Burn, that passion has gotten even stronger.  I have always thought about getting my personal trainer certification, but something always stopped me...the timing wasn't right, I felt bad devoting time to something other than my family and home, I was just plain scared.  

With encouragement from Jason, my boys, and some of my Burn family, I finally took the leap and went for it.  I got my study materials at the beginning of May, and I devoted as much time possible each day to studying.  Some days, I found a couple hours, but some days, I couldn't find any time to study.  I just did the best I could with what time I had.  

I decided to schedule my test for the day before our vacation.  I knew I didn't want to worry about studying while enjoying my family and friends on vacation, and I didn't want to miss out on a whole week of studying.  I drove to the testing center in Murfreesboro on June 23 and got it done!!  I cannot tell you how awesome it felt to pass that test and know that I was now a CPT.  

I am so thankful for Jason and my boys' support and encouragement.  I would have never gone for it without them cheering me on.  I hope I make them proud!  



No comments: