Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Fall Break Fun

For Fall Break this year, we decided to explore another new city...Seattle!  Our trip was full of new adventures, fun, memories, food, and lots of walking!  I don't think this trip could have been any more perfect!  I LOVE traveling to new places and trying new things with my crazy little crew!  




Our first stop was the Seattle Aquarium...









The Seattle Sounders had a home game our first night in Seattle, and the boys were so excited to go!  They were even more excited when they found out that we had been invited to be a part of the Benchwarmers, which allowed us to go on the field to watch the players warm up before the game.  It was absolutely incredible being on the field, and these boys were practically speechless watching these athletes up close.  This was definitely a cool experience that these boys will remember for a long time!































The Museum of Pop Culture was a highlight for both boys.  There was music history, instruments to play, and a Marvel exhibition.














The Space Needle...






 The Pacific Science Center...





Jason and I have always talked about traveling by train, so we decided to try it out.  We took a train from Seattle to Portland.  It was about a 3 hour train ride, and the boys absolutely loved it!  I think this may be a fun way to see the entire West Coast one day.



We had heard all about Portland's Voodoo Donuts, so we of course had to try it out immediately!!  Crazy and delicious donuts!!







A really good friend of mine from high school moved to Portland several years ago.  I haven't seen her since we graduated high school, but since we were right there, I reached out.  She and her family met us for dinner, and I am so thankful for this time we had together!  I have so many wonderful memories with Sara, and I loved meeting her family.  I pray that we will see each other again very soon!!

The boys and I have never been to a professional basketball game, so we decided to check that off of our list on this trip too!!  We went to a Portland Trail Blazers game and had so much fun!!!






 After the game, we got a good night's sleep and then hopped back on the train for Seattle.








The Museum of Flight...




















Took an Argosy Cruise to tour Seattle by water, and it was absolutely beautiful!!!!









The boys loved the Public Market, and we came here several times!  We tried new foods, checked out all the shops, and visited the original Starbucks.





Jason had a couple of work meetings one day, so the boys and I hit Seattle alone.  We had a great time having lunch, checking out the 3 story Target, and seeing the famous Gum Wall.





Hotel soccer and swimming in the Indoor/Outdoor heated pool was always on the boys' to do list!





This was an amazing trip, and my heart is so full!!  I LOVE getting away from it all with these three and just soaking up all the adventures and memories that we can!  We are already discussing what the next adventure should be, and I can't wait!

No comments: