Friday, August 13, 2021

Last Day of School

What.  A.  Year.  I am so happy to see this crazy school year come to an end!  Between multiple forced quarantines due to possible exposure (I think Brody had 4 or 5), hybrid school, all virtual school, all in person school, wearing masks, and just the weirdness that has surrounded Covid, I'm feeling kind of proud of us all for just surviving.  


As I reflect back on this school year, though, I'm feeling very thankful for the life lessons that were learned.  I think both of our boys have matured and grown in ways that they might not have in a "normal" school year.  It's hard to watch your kids struggle as parents, but no growth can occur without some struggle.  "We grow through what we go through."  These struggles they faced this school year have only made them stronger, and for that we are so thankful! 


With that being said, though, we are praying for a little less struggle next year!  The Hitchcock boys are on to 9th grade and 7th grade!  But first, we are going to enjoy every single second of our summer!!  Bring on the sunshine, the lake days, and lots of fun!












No comments: