Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Messi

When I woke up Friday morning, I found Messi surrounded by blood in his room.  It looked like a crime scene in there, and I was obviously scared to death.  His vet office was closed for cleaning, so I was forced to find a new vet to take him to.  A friend at Burn referred me to her vet office, and they thankfully got him right in!  (We are so thankful for this new vet too!!) He was diagnosed with gastroenteritis, which was basically making his stool all blood.  We got some medication, prescription food, and took him home to rest.  

He seemed ok for a couple of hours, but he then took a turn for the worse.  He laid down on his bed at around 6:30 PM and refused to get up until I physically tried to pick him up at 8 AM the next day.  He was unable to even stand up...he would just collapse back down.  I rushed him back to the vet to be checked.  Turns out, on top of the infection in his gut, he also might have a slight tear in his ACL.  They decided the best option was to keep him in the hospital over the weekend for IV fluids and monitoring.  

It was the longest weekend ever not knowing how he was feeling and not being able to see him.  The vet took great care of him, though!  When we picked him up Monday morning, he looked so much better!  He was even putting weight on his leg again.  I'm so happy he is feeling better!! That was awful seeing him so down.  











No comments: