Monday, February 27, 2023

Burnin for Bucks

Our 6th Annual Burnin' for Bucks might be my favorite one yet!  33 teams of 4 challenged themselves, leaving everything they had on that floating floor, and it was all for CHD research.  I'm blown away every year by the support this event receives.

This year was made a little extra special by Colby, Nadia, Cain, and Dr. Doyle being there to help kick off the competition.  They are the "why" behind this incredible event, and they inspire so many with their stories!  Thank you Suha and Catherine for coming out so early on a Saturday morning!

This day would never run so smoothly and be so successful without our amazing Burn team!  Christine, thank you for all you do!  Caitlin, thank you for being our judge coordinator this year!  I hope you agree to take that role on every year.  The judges were legit...thank you to all who volunteered their time to judge.  Lori, thank you and Rusty for opening the gym and fully supporting this event.  Jeremiah, thank you for helping me start this event and making it better every single year.  I am not sure either of us ever dreamed this event would grow to the level that it is now.  We make a great team, and your friendship means so much to me!

Thank you to everyone who competed or came to cheer others on.  The love and energy in the gym during this event is like nothing I've ever experienced.  This is just one of the many reasons I love Burn!  I feel so blessed to be a part of this community!

$10,025 was raised for CHD Research at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You are changing the futures of those living with a congenital heart defect!  

 





















No comments: