Thursday, May 29, 2008

May 12, 2008 Doctor's Visit 28 weeks

Jason and I went this morning for our 28 week doctor's visit. This is the second visit with our new OB Office, and it always seems to be an adventure to say the least! After checking in, we were sent to a different office in a different building...about a one mile walk. I thought it was strange, but what do I know?

I still feel kind of lost and confused at Vanderbilt, since I have only had one other appointment there. Well, the new office quickly sent us back to the office we had just left (another one mile walk back!). Apparently, we were in the right place to start with, which is the office that sees high risk pregnancies/ deliveries. All Jason and I could do was laugh!!! I was just glad to get some exercise in for the day! Anyways, once we finally got in to see the doctor, we received a great report!! I am measuring right on at 27 1/2 weeks, the baby's heartbeat was in the 150's, and there are no pregnancy complications so far!

We did discuss delivery plans with our doctor today. Jason and I are in agreement with her that we would like to schedule the delivery late in my 39th week...close to our due date of August 8. We want the baby to get as big as he can, because this will be a big help when he faces his surgeries. So, please continue to pray that I have no complications and no unexpected labor!! Hopefully, my body will do the same thing it did with Brody, which is nothing!!!!! We will schedule an actual date as we get closer. After visiting with our doctor, the office did another complete ultrasound to measure and make sure he was still moving and growing. He is definitely moving, and it was amazing for Jason and I to see how much he has grown since our last ultrasound. He is right on track!!!!!! He is weighing in at about 2 1/2 pounds, which is a little above average. We were also amazed to see how much he looks like Brody!!

I am just so happy to know that he is continuing to do well. We will return for our next visit in 3 weeks. They plan to do another ultrasound at that time to check once again on his growth and movement. We will also hear about our results on the blood glucose test I did today. We're hoping for no sign of gestational diabetes, especially since I did not experience this with Brody's pregnancy. Thank you all again for your support and prayers! We would never make it through this difficult time without you!!!

As I have said before, we are truly blessed to have all of you in our lives!
Becca and Jason

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great looking website. hahaha

Love the name.

Congrats- and we will be praying for you.

JW