Friday, January 30, 2009

A Good Week!

I took Colby to our pediatrician's office this morning for his 4th Synagis Shot and a weight check. As always, I was very nervous to have him weighed! I obsess more over his weight than I have ever obsessed over my own, and that is saying a lot!

Fortunately, we had a good number this week!! Colby is up to 12 lb 14 oz!! This means he has gained 12 oz in two weeks!! Not too bad for our little heart baby...that is almost an ounce a day!!

Colby goes back next week for his 6 month well visit. Yes, I said 6 months! It is hard to believe that he will be 6 months old next week! If he can gain an ounce a day until that appt, he will have doubled his birth weight by 6 months! A month ago I would have never thought this would be possible! We are thrilled that he is doing this well!! At his 6 month visit, he will also have to get a flu shot on top of his immunizations. Poor baby is always getting poked, but if it will help him to not get the flu, we are all for it!

Colby has also had a good week of sleeping, which I'm nervous to even mention. I do not want to jinx this!!! He is in his own room again (the first time since before his ER visit and surgery), and he is apparently loving it! Daddy is loving it too!! I kind of miss having him so close, but I know it is better for him to be in his comfy crib in his room! I am just so excited that he seems to like his bed!!





Please remember the Blood Drive coming up February 14th!! We still have some open slots that we need to fill!! If you are interested, please contact us with a comment or an email to jbbhitchcock@gmail.com. Thank you to all that have already signed up. We have had such a great response! God has blessed us with so many wonderful friends and family! We truly appreciate your willingness to help Colby and others that will need to receive blood from the Red Cross!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Colby!!! And Mama ;) His smile is so precious and he's just getting so big! What a doll. Glad he's had such a good week. Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Great news. Colby really looks good. Uncle Lee and I will help out for the blood drive. We love you all.

Aunt Pat