Thursday, February 5, 2009

6 Months Old

Colby turned 6 months old yesterday, which I still cannot believe, and today we went for his 6 month well checkup. I am very happy to report that Dr. Hudson said Colby looks great!! It is so nice to hear how well he is doing and how healthy he is! It is also nice to hear that he is right on track developmentally! What more could we ask for? Oh yes, we could ask for a good weight gain, and guess what...we got it!!!
Colby weighed in today at 13 lb 4 oz! This means that he officially doubled his birth weight by 6 months of age! Jason and I never thought that this would have been possible a month or two ago, but as always, Colby continues to amaze us! This weight also means that he gained an ounce a day this week! He is unfortunately still not on the growth chart, but the good news is that he is still following the curve perfectly. I'd say this is pretty good for now! Colby has gotten longer too, measuring 23 1/2 inches, which is not at all tall, but let's be honest, he doesn't have much chance of being tall with me and Jason as parents!

Colby is up to some new tricks now that he is 6 months old. He is sitting up, eating cereal, fruits, and veggies, babbling more and more, chewing on everything that he can get to his mouth (including his feet!), sleeping in his own bed in his room, and of course laughing a lot! He is truly a very happy baby! He is also teething and has been for a few weeks now. Dr. Hudson seems to think he will have some teeth very soon!

When I think back to last March when we first found out about Colby's heart, I never would have dreamed he would be doing this well at 6 months old. I know he still has a long road ahead of him, but if the last 6 months are any indication, I am positive that he will make it through everything with a smile on his face! He is such an inspiration! Happy 6 months Birthday, Colby!


Below are some pictures from the last few weeks. I am loving how Colby is starting to look a little chubby!! I love chubby babies!

As Brody puts it, "Colby go night night in big bed!" Brody loves to "Hi Colby" (hug on him) in his bed before we get him up in the morning.


Colby loves sitting up playing with his keyboard...another little musician!


Sweet Potatoes...yum!

Best Buddies!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy 6 Months Colby! You are doing so excellent and your progress has been so fun to watch. I'm glad your mommy and I bet through the "blog world" and just wish I could give you a big hug!!! You are so precious and that smile is to die for :) Great weight gain too!!! I bet you were so thrilled, Becca!
Love,
Katie

Wayne said...

But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.” - Mark 10:27 (NKJV)

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT report!! I am so happy for you Becca! Way to go COLBY!! You are to be commended on a job well done Becca! I know you have been through a complete roller coaster ride; but, God has been with you every step of the way. Keep focused of HIM.
~Leanne

Carter Clan said...

Happy 6 month birthday Colby! So happy you are doing so great! You have a great family , big brother, and Heavenly Father who are taking such good care of you! Keep those smile coming!