Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Physical Therapy

Colby has now had three sessions of Physical Therapy, and he is doing great. Jason and I are scared to turn our backs, because we know he is going to crawl at any moment. He is extremely close! We are so proud of him and how far he has come.

This is a short video of Colby today at Physical Therapy. He works so hard while he is there, and he enjoys every second of it. Ms. Shirley always makes it fun for him, which I love! In the video, you will notice Colby doing the sign language for "more." Ms. Shirley showed him this last week, and he apparently remembered it today. He never ceases to amaze me with how smart he is.

Since Colby is doing so well and we are able to get out and about more, I have been wanting to get the boys involved in a fun activity. I had it narrowed down to a gymnastics class or swim lessons. After seeing the boys in our big jacuzzi tub the other day (see video below), we decided swim lessons are definitely the way to go!

I mentioned this to Colby's therapist today, and she said that swim lessons would be very good for him. Water exercise is a great way to build strength and endurance. I love that this will provide him another way to get stronger and have fun while doing it.

The boys will start their swim lessons on Saturday, and I can't wait!

3 comments:

Wayne said...

I am truely blessed by viewing the videos. Watching Colby work hard allows me to see God working in his life. Your boys are a blessing.

Kim T. said...

CUTE videos of Colby! But something tells me Jason veto'd gymnastics? That'd be a hard sell at my house!

The Clinkscales Family said...

I can't stop smiling from those videos. I wanted to just clap with Colby. It looks like he is loving therapy and it looks like the therapist is great. I had no idea you could find swim lessons during this time of year. That's awesome. I told Brad I wanted Cain to take swim lessons next summer but that may also be the same time as his next surgery. Maybe I can do it sooner now.