Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Father's Day to 3 Amazing Dads

Happy Father's Day Jason! You are an amazing dad to our boys. I thank God every day that I have you as my husband and the boys have you as their father. You are such a great example for Brody and Colby, and I pray that they grow up to be like you...a man who loves God, family, and friends, who has an unshakable faith, who has an unbelievable work ethic, and who has a positive outlook on life. I love you more and more with each passing day! Thank you for everything you do!!





We had lunch at Jeremy and Tammy's house to celebrate Father's Day with Poppy. Mike, thank you for being a great dad to Jason and a great Poppy to our boys. We truly appreciate all of the support, love, and encouragement that you continue to provide us. We hope your day was wonderful!







To celebrate with my dad, we had dinner at Cheddars, which is one of the boys and my parents favorite restaurants. This Father's Day dinner was very special, because only days before, my dad had a heart attack. This heart attack came very unexpectedly. He is in great shape...probably better shape than most 20 year olds. In fact, he was at the YMCA (his daily routine) when he started having chest pains that would not stop. The staff called an ambulance and quickly got him to the hospital. He received one stint immediately, which helped the pain subside some. Then, two days later, they went back in and placed three more stints. He was discharged the next day with instructions to take it easy. My dad has never been good with taking it easy, and he was weed eating the yard a couple days later. Then, he was back at the Y a week later. He is such a strong and strong willed person, which is part of why I look up to him so much.


Daddy (Gacky), we are so happy that you are better now and that we were able to celebrate this Father's Day together. I love you so much, and I am so thankful that you are my dad. I couldn't have asked for a better dad! You provided me and Jeanine with unconditional love, and you were a great example for us. You didn't have to tell us how to live, because you showed us. Like you have always told me, "Actions speak louder than words." Thank you for being such an amazing dad to me and Jeanine and an amazing Gacky to our kids. We love you!

No comments: