Sunday, July 3, 2011

U2 Concert


Last night, Jason and I went out on our first date since before Colby's surgery. We waited way too long for a night out alone together!! We get so wrapped up in the day to day family activities that we forget to take time for just the two of us. This is one of the things that I am trying to make a priority from now on. One date every 3-4 months is not acceptable!


Our night out started with dinner at Maggianos with Jeremy and Tammy and Tim and Wendy. Our friends and neighbors, Nick and Kelly, were supposed to have dinner with us, but Kelly is about 34 weeks pregnant with their third child and was recently put on bed rest. We missed you Kelly!! After dinner, Jason and I and Nick and Jeff (Kelly's stand-in) walked over to Vanderbilt's Football Stadium for the U2 Concert. It was extremely hot, but we had a great time!



It is hard to tell from this picture, but the stage was unbelievable! It was huge...going from sideline to sideline on the football field. I don't think anyone had a bad seat! The technology (lights, videos, moving stage walkways) used during the show was amazing. It was a great show and a great date night with Jason!!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Colby is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. he is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I have a neat story about a hockey player his girlfriend and a singer from U2. Gilbert Brule who played for the Edmonton Oilers last year, and is now playing for the LA Kings. Gilbert, and his girlfriend were in Vancouver BC. Canada, and they picked up a hitch hiker, well the hitch hiker turned out to be a singer from U2, and he gave Gilbert and his girlfriend tickets to their concert in Toronto. I am glad you and your husband had a great time out and at the concert. I was born with a rare life threatening disease. I love it when people sign my guestbook. happy fourth of July! www.miraclechamp.webs.com