Thursday, October 6, 2011

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend, Jason and I were able to get away together without the kids. We obviously missed them like crazy, but it is always nice (and necessary) to have a few days to spend together talking, laughing, and relaxing with no interruptions. I wish we could do this more often, but for now, I will just cherish the few opportunities that we have to do this. Thank you Poogie and Gacky for keeping our crazy boys while we were gone. They had a great time!

The reason for the getaway was to see one of my best friends from high school get married in Charleston on Saturday night. To make the most of the weekend, though, Jason and I left on Thursday afternoon. A few weeks ago, Jason had made plans for us to stay at a great hotel in Asheville, NC on Thursday night and then tour the Biltmore on Friday. This is something that I have always wanted to do, and I was so surprised and excited that he remembered this. Unfortunately, due to my being put in a boot and on crutches last week, we were unable to tour the Biltmore. That was more walking than I could handle. I was so disappointed to mess up Jason's plans, but as always, he made the best of it. We still had an amazing time in Asheville...sleeping late, driving around enjoying the beautiful scenery, and basically just loving our time together. It was so weird but wonderful to not be in a rush to get anywhere or do anything!!

We arrived in Charleston late Friday afternoon and attempted to walk around the historic downtown area. It really is a pretty place, and I would love to go back when I have two good feet!! We spent Friday night celebrating with the bride, groom, and their families. The girls had a brunch/ lingerie shower on Saturday morning for the bride, and then Jason and I just relaxed until time for the wedding. We had a wonderful weekend and made some great memories!!





Kate has been my best friend since seventh grade!! It was so wonderful to have this weekend to hang out with her and her husband, Patrick. We definitely don't get together with them enough!




Kate, me, the beautiful bride Maggie, and Aimee...the four of us cheered together in high school and are great friends.




Maggie's uncle performed the ceremony and did an amazing job! The weather was perfect, the place (Charleston Yacht Club) was great, and the bride and groom were
beautiful! I basically cried through the whole ceremony!





Mr. and Mrs. David and Maggie Callahan!!! We love these guys!





Congratulations Maggie and David! We really do love you both and feel so blessed to have you as friends. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your big day! There is nothing better than watching my best friend marry the love of her life while sitting with the love of my life!!


No comments: