Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

A few years ago, Tammy and Jeremy started hosting a Thanksgiving Day Lunch for the family, so Jason and I agreed to start a Thanksgiving Day Rotation this year...one year with my family and the next year with his family. I have to admit that as Thanksgiving Day approached this year, I started getting a little sad. I am 31 years old, and I don't think I have ever missed a Thanksgiving lunch with Granny Shug. As Jason and I always do, though, we worked out a compromise. We met Shug, my mom and dad, and Jeanine and her girls at Shug's house for breakfast, and then we went to Jeremy and Tammy's for lunch. We did really miss seeing my aunts, uncles, and cousins, but we will get to visit with them in just a couple of weeks when we get together for Christmas. Thanksgiving ended up being a great day with lots of family and fun and of course great food!!
















I LOVE this picture! I can't remember the last time the 4 of us took a family picture.









At Jeremy and Tammy's House...













After a full day of playing with Harper, Darbye, Emilee, and Kylee and no nap, Brody and Colby were exhausted! They ended up laying around watching a movie. Poor Colby fell asleep in the car when we left, and our boys NEVER sleep in the car! I guess holidays are tiring for all of us!





No comments: