Saturday, August 15, 2026

Be the Light 5K in memory of Janie Grace

Be the Light 5K in memory of Janie Grace...as a family this year!  I'm so proud of Brody, Jason, and Colby.  Brody pulled out a 1st place finish again this year with a time of 18:14!  Wow!  Jason finished only a few minutes behind Brody (21:36) placing 4th overall.  The top 3 were all teens, so I'm giving Jason 1st place for the old people.  Ha!  And Colby...I'm just so amazed, inspired, and proud of him!  He was finally cleared for full activity on Tuesday (from his heart surgery in late May), and he agreed to tackle this 5K today.  He has been walking daily for a few weeks but today was really his first time running post surgery.  We took it at his pace, switching from running to walking as needed.  I know there were moments he wanted to quit.  It was ridiculously hot.  He got a cramp in his calf about halfway through.  But, he did NOT quit!  He ran through a lot of doubt and fear and finished his race strong in 38:05.  I know my dad is smiling down from heaven with so much pride for these boys today!

This event is so special.  Janie Grace was such a bright light, and I pray we can all shine the light of Jesus as brightly as she did.  Thank you Moss family for holding such a great event and reminding us all what life is really about..."in the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16 














No comments: