Monday, June 30, 2008

34 Week Visit

We had another great visit with our OB today. I am still progressing normally with no signs of any complications...thankfully!! We have tentatively set the date of our C-section for August 1, which will make me 39 weeks. I am excited to have a date in mind, but it also makes me kind of nervous...that is only 4 1/2 weeks away! This pregnancy seems to have just flown by!

During our BPP, the Sonographer took measurements of Colby and has estimated his weight at about 6 pounds (5 lb 13 oz). This made Jason and I very happy!! This should put him on track to be a good size when he is born. The bigger, the better!!!! Colby seems to be happy and doing well, which is such a blessing!!!

After what seems like the longest wait ever, we return to Dr. Liske, our Cardiologist, on Thursday. He will do another echo cardiogram to check on Colby's heart. I am very anxious for this appointment. Part of me wants to believe that his heart will have miraculously gotten better, but the other part of me is in reality and knows there is not a very good chance of that....we just have to trust in God's plan for little Colby and for our family. I just pray that nothing has changed for the worse! Dr. Liske should be able to give us a better idea of what to expect after delivery (based on the echo). Jason and I are both eager to have some sort of plan in mind for what is to come...you all know me, I'm a planner!

We will keep you posted on what we find out from Dr. Liske on Thursday. We will also let you know for sure about our delivery date once that is finalized. I think we are looking good for August 1, though.


Thanks for your continued prayers and support!!

Hitchcock Family

No comments: