Friday, June 6, 2008

What a Morning!

I went back to the doctor today for my 3 hour glucose test. I have been dreading it all week...the thought of having 3 hours all alone in a waiting room did not appeal to me. Sure, I guess it would have been some "me" time, but that is not exactly the type of "me" time I would want. I am still not doing well with having lots of quiet time to think...I tend to think way too much about little Colby and the challenges he will face and just make myself crazy. Again, the unknown is what is so hard for me right now. My imagination runs a little too wild sometimes!

Luckily, my dad surprised me and went with me while my mom stayed at our house to watch Brody (thanks again mom for watching the wild man). I don't think this is the type of "fun" my dad envisioned for his first week of retirement- sitting outside a lab for 3 hours- but being the amazing dad that he is, he did it for me!! Thank you again daddy!!! Your company was very much appreciated!!!! I would have been a basket case by the end of that 3 hours without you!

I am hoping to hear the results of my test later this afternoon, but if not, I guess we should definitely find out Monday. The sooner, the better!! If I do have diabetes, I would like to do everything I can to get it under control quickly so it doesn't affect Colby in any way. Hopefully, I do not have it, though!!! So, for now, I will just have to sit and wait and try not to think about it!

No comments: