Monday, June 2, 2008

30 week visit

Jason and I went back to Vanderbilt today for our 30 week visit. Apparently there was a problem with my glucose test that I did at my last visit. The doctor said that there is a chance that I have gestational diabetes. To determine this for sure, I will have to return sometime this week for the extended 3 hour glucose test…this is where they draw my blood once an hour for 3 hours with no food on my stomach. I’m sure that this will be lots of fun! We are just continuing to pray that this 3 hour test will show no signs of gestational diabetes.

We also had another ultrasound today to check on the baby’s weight. The baby continues to grow very well! He now weighs 3 pounds 10 oz, which means he has grown a little over a pound in the last 3 weeks. He is getting so big…thankfully! As she was measuring his head and his leg bone length, I couldn’t help but laugh! His head is in the 97th percentile and his leg length is around the 30th percentile for his gestational age…sounds very familiar doesn’t it?!?!

We return for our next office visit in 2 weeks. We will also start having a Biophysical Profile (BPP) done each week until delivery at this point. As I understand it, the BPP will just measure baby’s overall health…heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and amount of amniotic fluid. In addition to office visits and weekly BPPs, they will be doing ultrasounds to check his weight every 3 weeks. We feel like this group of doctors is being very thorough, which makes us feel very good!

Thanks again for your continued prayers and support!

Please remember to check our website often…we will continue to post updates on the baby as well as big brother Brody!!!

By the way, we have finally decided on a name for this precious baby boy...Colby Chance Hitchcock!! I know, I know...it's about time!!

Jason and Becca

3 comments:

The Rowell Family said...

We LOVE his name!! We can't wait to meet little Colby! The blog looks great... the pictures are so cute!

Kristy said...

Yeah you'll love blogging, I'm new to it as well, but I love it already. This is wonderful news sounds like Colby is doing great! There are a lot of blogging mothers out there with babies that have HRHS (like Colby) or HLHS that you should check out. I can send some links to you if you would like to read their blogs.

I'll pray for your test and keeping praying for that strong baby boy!

Bless you all!

Uncle Lee said...

Jason and Becca,

This is the coolest web site I have ever seen. Great job!
(although "blogging is tough for me since I can't even "square dance".

We are praying that when little Colby Lee arrives that the doctors are astounded at how healthy he is.

We love you.

Uncle Lee