Monday, August 4, 2008

Change of Plans

Well, apparently Colby is not willing to wait until Thursday to make his appearance. We should have known he would call the shots...just like his dad!!!

I came in for my weekly appointment and BPP this morning thinking it would be a normal day, but that quickly changed once the ultrasound began. Colby's heart rate was a little lower than normal, which was my first indication that something may be wrong. Then, we could not get him to move for anything. The sonographer was pushing him and sounding the alarm on my stomach, and he did not even flinch. Needless to say, this was very scary for me!! The sonographer was great and stayed very calm as he went to get the doctor, but I knew something was not right. At that point, I completely lost it!! The doctor came in and let me know that we would be having a baby today. Colby only scored 4 out of 8 on the BPP, which is not great. I was immediately brought to Labor and Delivery in a wheelchair. The whole way to L and D, I was trying to get Jason on the phone while crying hysterically. Doesn't that figure...the one appointment that Jason doesn't come to, something happens!

Anyways, L and D got me checked in, started monitoring Colby, and started my IV as soon as I arrived. The doctors came in to explain the C-Section, anesthesia came in, and the cardiologist has been notified. Now, we are just waiting until surgery time. Unfortunately, I had eaten a bagel on the way to the doctor, so anesthesia wants to wait 8 hours to start.

So, we should go back to the OR at 3:00, and Colby should be here by 4:00 this afternoon. Please say a prayer for a safe delivery and transport to the NICU. We will post again later this afternoon once he arrives.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been praying all morning for you, Jason & Colby. I even stopped the car while out today and McKinley and I held hands and prayed for Baby Colby's "wittle hart." May God's presence be all around you and Jason today. May you feel His comfort, peace, and hope. And God protect baby Colby and Becca during delivery today.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys and baby Colby! I hadn't checked your blog in a while being that i haven't had much time to sit down and do anything on the computer with our new little one - but today I couldn't stop thinking about you so i had Eric read me your blog and catch me up while i was feeding Layla :) What a total God thing to bring you to my mind on a day such as this! We are praying and believing God with you!

~ Christina (Chilton) Leinen

Kristy said...

Just praying for you all right now.

amy kemp said...

PRAYING incessantly! let me know what I can do other than that too!!!

Katie said...

We just got home from Maddie's cardiology follow-up appt. and I read your emails. Becca, everything will be just fine. I am praying steady for a safe delivery for Colby as well as strength for the upcoming days for you and your family. So sorry to hear that you had to "hurry" into this delivery...these little ones definitely call the shots!!! Having that upset is so fun though. We know all about that with our sweet girl. I'll be checking on you and will send an email soon. Take care & have faith!!!

Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Was thinking about you all day and happen to get a catch up with your site just now. Wow, what a change you had. I just happend to pray for you this morning asking God to give you stregnth and encouragement. I anticipate to hear what happened! Let me know if I can do anything. Keep looking Upward!