Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brody's First Day of School

After speaking with Mary Beth, the nurse at the cardiologist's office, we decided to let Brody start preschool. He has been signed up since the beginning of school, but we have held him out for fear of him bringing home illnesses to Colby pre or post surgery. It has been almost 6 weeks since Colby's surgery, though, and according to our cardiologist, we should be safe to re-enter the real world. I am very excited about not being on strict house arrest anymore, but I will of course still be a nervous wreck about Colby getting sick. I know he is a little stronger now, but any illness will still be so hard on his little half of a heart. We will all be washing our hands and sanitizing everything like crazy during this cold / flu season. I know there is no way to completely protect them from getting sick, but we will try to take every precaution that we can.


I am so happy to report that Brody loved school! He was a little nervous when we first got to his classroom this morning, but as soon as his buddy Max walked in, he was ready to go. He hugged me and Colby, told us to have fun, and then walked off to play blocks with Max. I didn't know whether to cry or smile. He is just getting so big!

When I picked him up this afternoon, he was still all smiles. Ms. Lori and Ms. Angie told me he had an awesome first day, and they even complimented his manners, which makes me very proud! He is already looking forward to going back. Unfortunately, school is out Thursday and next week for Fall Break, but at least I know he is ready and excited!

Ready for his first day of school!

He loves his Spiderman backpack and Cars lunchbox!


He is getting caught up on his Alphabet Book before class starts. Luckily, he has only missed the letters A and B.


Brody and Max...double trouble!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a cutie pie! So glad you're getting out some and enjoying life in the "real world" again!!! Have fun :)

Wayne said...

Brody, you da little man. :-)