Friday, October 23, 2009

Physical Therapy

On Tuesday, Colby went for his first physical therapy session. I was so nervous about meeting his therapist. I really wanted him to have someone sweet, knowledgeable, fun, and be someone he would enjoy playing with once a week. Ms. Shirley definitely meets all of these requirements! Colby loved her, and he was a happy participant for the entire hour...thank goodness!

I couldn't believe how well he did. He pulled up to standing by himself once, and he moved into the crawling position and then sat himself back up several times. Considering everything he has been through and the fact that he is only 7 weeks post op, this is truly amazing. Ms. Shirley was also very impressed with him. She thinks he will be taking off in no time! It makes me so proud and happy to see him getting stronger with each day.

I didn't get any pictures from this first session (shocking, I know), but I will try to take some during the next few sessions.

While Colby was at PT, Brody was enjoying his second day at school. He was so excited about going. When I picked him up, his teachers gave me his first little art project. They made little spiders using their fingerprints. I absolutely love it!! He is so proud of his little spiders, and so am I. I have a feeling I will be finding a system for storing all of these little art projects. I don't think I can bring myself to throw them away.

No comments: