Thursday, October 15, 2009

Great Week

On Tuesday, Colby went back to see Dr. Doyle for his 6 week follow up. It is hard for me to believe that it has already been over 6 weeks since his surgery! The appointment started with an echo, and luckily, Brody was with us to entertain and keep Colby happy through the entire thing. After the echo, they checked his sats and blood pressure. His sats were 76 and blood pressure was great! Dr. Doyle then did a quick examination and said that he looks fantastic! In fact, he thinks Colby looks so good that we won't have to go back for 6 months! Jason and I were shocked when he said 6 months. We have never been that long without a scheduled appointment with the cardiologist. It is exciting but also scary...6 months is a long time!

Before we left the office, they offered Colby his flu shot. I am so glad that they did, because I couldn't get him a flu shot at the pediatrician's office until mid November! I did not think there was supposed to be a shortage of the seasonal flu vaccine this year, but apparently there is. I have been several different places, including the health department, trying to get Brody a flu shot, and everyone is out! I guess worst case is Brody will have to wait until mid November. That is definitely not ideal, but there really isn't much we can do about it unfortunately.

Yesterday, I took Colby into our pediatrician's office for another weight check. Two weeks ago, he weighed 16 lb 1 oz, and yesterday he weighed 16 lb 12 oz! Way to go Colby!! We are so happy with an 11 oz weight gain in two weeks. Now he just has to keep it up!

2 comments:

The Rietkerk's said...

That is so awesome! He is growing like a weed. I felt the same way when we didn't have to go back for an appointment for a while.. bitter sweet (mainly sweet)!

Wayne said...

Way to go Colby! You might try drug stores for Brody's flu shot, but I am pretty sure they are not free. Probably around $20 - $25.