Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

On Monday, my friend Sarah came over with her two little ones, Cason and Linden. Cason and Brody are close to the same age and great friends! We thought it would be fun to let the boys decorate gingerbread houses for Christmas, but neither of us have ever done this. It was definitely a learning experience...that icing (or should I say glue) is something else! In the end, I think both houses turned out great, though, and Brody is so proud of his creation! I am hoping we have started a new tradition.

Brody and Cason patiently waiting for the moms to figure out the icing, and Colby just enjoying the Mini M&Ms that are supposed to go on the house.

Brody hard at work


Brody's Gingerbread House














3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you've been having so much fun getting ready for the holidays! Loved your Christmas card and keeping up with your little family on the blog. Have a wonderful Christmas...only 9 more days! Yay :)

Jennifer said...

I bought one today! You'll have to give me some advice, I've never done one either. Y'alls turned out good though.

Anonymous said...

Just checking your blog for the first time in a long time. Thanks for hosting the first of many to come Gingerbread Decorating Party's. Next year we will have a better idea of what to expect. It killed me not to dr. up Cason's house when we got home but I held off and just let it go. Sorry about the mess...let's get together soon.