Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We were so happy to be able to spend Thanksgiving together as a family this year. Last year, Colby was on strict "house arrest," so Jason and I had to celebrate Thanksgiving apart. He took Brody to his family's get together while I stayed home with Colby, and then I took Brody to my family's get together while he stayed home with Colby. This year we were all able to go together to both family's parties, and it was so wonderful!

Thanksgiving day was spent at my grandmother's house with my side of the family. We have spent every Thanksgiving Day for as long as I can remember at Granny Shug's house, and it is always so much fun.
Granny Shug
Me and my sister Jeanine


Harper, Brody, and Darbye (cousins)

Daddy and Brody

Crazy Colby

Daddy and Colby










Gacky and the boys















Nicole and Colby

Nicole and Daniel

Brody and Aunt Pat (Patty Cake)



We always spend Thanksgiving night with Poppy, Jason's dad. For some reason, we started a tradition many years ago of going out to eat. There are not many restaurants open on Thanksgiving night, but it is always fun trying to find one. Fortunately, we have a Cracker Barrel 2 minutes from our house that was open, and it was delicious! Brody was so happy to have some "cheesy eggs" and pancakes with syrup!

No comments: