Monday, April 27, 2015

Kids Rock Marathon 2015

For the last couple months, the boys and I have been running together after school and on the weekends.  On Sunday, April 26, they ran one final mile at the Kids Rock Event to reach their ultimate goal of 26 miles...a full marathon.




This was Colby's first time to do this event.  I cannot even describe how amazing it felt watching him run his little heart out and cross that finish line to receive his medal.  He worked hard over the last couple of months, and I hope he realizes what a huge accomplishment this is.




This was Brody's third time to do the Kids Rock Marathon.  He had planned to run the final mile by himself this year, but at the last minute, he asked me to run it with him.  It made me so happy that he wanted me by his side.



Running 25 miles over the last couple months took discipline.  It wasn't always easy to find extra time to run, but they made it a priority.  They set a goal, committed to reaching it, and followed it through to the end.  We could not be any prouder of them, and I am so thankful that I was able to be a part of every step!



No comments: