Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BLOOD DRIVE and BAKE SALE

BLOOD DRIVE
We are ready to schedule appointments for our 2nd Annual Blood Drive. The drive will run from 9 am to 2 pm on February 20, 2010. Time slots are open in 15 minute intervals. If you would like to sign up, you can do so by going to the Red Cross website (follow my directions and link below) or you can send me an email to jbbhitchcock@gmail.com and I will take care of everything! Please include in your email a contact number or email address, your home zip code, and the time you prefer. I will send you an email confirming your time once I have added your name to the official schedule.

To sign up on the Red Cross Site, please go to www.givelife.org and follow these directions:
  • enter the sponsor code: HvilleCC19. Click "search."
  • Click on "Hendersonville Church of Christ."
  • Find the time you would like to donate. Click on the blue "schedule" button next to this time.
  • This will pull up a message box that says you must register. Click "OK."
  • Create your profile by filling in your information. (To save yourself time, only fill in the required fields.)
  • Click at the bottom when you are finished entering your information, and you are scheduled!
  • You will receive an email confirmation from the Red Cross.

Please let me know if you have any questions by email or by commenting on the blog. I really hope we book all of these appointments and more. Again, Jason and I would love to reach our goal of 75 donors to honor Colby!

BAKE SALE

We will also be doing the bake sale this year. If you are interested in helping out with this, please send me an email to jbbhitchcock@gmail.com. Please just let me know what you would like to make (or buy) for the sale...cookies, brownies, muffins, candies, breads, cakes, cupcakes, trail mixes, etc.

VOLUNTEERS

If you are interested in helping out on February 20th, we would greatly appreciate it! Please just send me an email to jbbhitchcock@gmail.com with the time you would be available. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

The Clinkscales Family said...

I'm planning on giving blood. It will be my first time and I'm very excited to finally donate blood. Afterall, blood from the Red Cross has saved both of our sons lives! I would also love for Brad and I to volunteer. I will talk to you soon about it and see what we can do to help. I'm so excited you are making this an annual event since we were unable to come give blood last year.

Kim T. said...

Becca, bummed to say I'll be out of town. Chris may be without the kids and I bet would love to come.

Melissa Kelley said...

Well, I didn't get to donate last year since I had just had Madisyn and then we will be out of town on a church marriage retreat this year. So, what can I do to help without being there?? Is there anything you need?? Do you need more baked goods--someone to buy baked goods?? Just let me know. Talk to you soon.

The Clinkscales Family said...

I just tried signing up on the Red Cross website. When I typed in HvilleCC19 into the Sponsor Code its says there is no match. Text or call me and let me know what I need to do.