Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Colby gets the "All Clear"



Colby had his 6 week post-op follow up appointment with Dr. Doyle last Tuesday. This involved another chest x-ray, sats, blood pressure, weight, and a good listen from the doctor. I'm extremely happy to report that following the check-up, Dr. Doyle said, "well, he is perfect!" Praise God!!!!


It is so hard to believe that we are already 6 weeks post-op! I was dreading these weeks, thinking they would drag on forever, but surprisingly, they flew by! What is even more surprising to me, is that Colby really only felt bad the first week of this recovery period. Since then, he has been full of energy and back to his old crazy self. He has proved once again what a tough little guy he is, and he really is an inspiration to us...our little heart hero for sure!!


I feel I must also record Colby's weight here...for our reference later. Only 6 weeks after this surgery, and he has gained 2 pounds! He weighed 22 pounds!! We have noticed an increase in his appetite over the last few weeks, so we were happy that this showed on the scale. Who knows, maybe he will keep gaining and actually get back on the growth chart soon!


His sats were impressive as well...low 90s!!! He hasn't seen the 90s in a long time!!! We should have known his sats would be good, because he is actually pink now!! Instead of having that constant blue appearance in his lips and under his eyes, they are pink. We have 2 pink babies now, and I couldn't be more happy!


1 comment:

Katie said...

This is just what I needed to read this morning...as Maddie's fontan is weighing so heavy on my mind right now. I'm so happy for Colby, he's truly amazing! What an awesome recovery :) So glad his sats are 90's now, if Maddie's ever reach that, I'll be in awe. Hoping you guys are safe from all of the flooding and disaster down there, been thinking of you and Catherine and whether it's affecting where you live.

Praise the Lord on Colby's success! Hugs to you friend.