Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a fantastic Mother's Day!! The only thing that would have made it better is if I could have seen my amazing mother, but she spent the day helping my sister with some things and then had dinner with her sisters and Shug. So, we will celebrate together with dinner on Thursday night. I can't wait! I love you very much mom, and I have always said that if I can be half the mom you are, then my boys have got it made. Thank you for being a wonderful example to me of who a mom should be.

My day started with the boys and Jason showering me with gifts. Jason did way too much for me, as always, by giving me four very cute dresses, 3 pairs of sandals, some running gear, a 13.1 sticker for my car, and a card that made me cry like a baby! I am so lucky to have a husband that shops so well and has such great taste! He knows I will never buy these things for myself, so I am happy that he did it for me. What girl doesn't like getting new dresses and shoes? Thank you Jason for making me feel so special, not only on Mother's Day but every day!

At church, the boys' classes made presents for their moms. When I read Brody's little note, I couldn't help but cry happy tears. I just love seeing what in on his mind. Knowing that his favorite part of the day is when we play and that he is thankful for me teaching me how to climb on the swing set makes me even more grateful for the path God has me on as a stay-at-home mom. Even on days where I feel like I might lose my mind if I hear one more question or one more whining comment, I know that there is nowhere I would rather be than at home with my boys. I cherish every moment we have together!








After church, we headed over to Nana's house for lunch. We had a great time celebrating with Nana and Nenny...two wonderful mothers, grandmothers, and great-grandmother. When I think of what a wonderful person, husband, and dad Jason is, I always remember that he is who he is, in part, because of the work of these two ladies. Thank you Nenny and Nana for bringing up such a great man!





God truly blessed me with these two amazing little guys. I would have never thought it possible to have so much love for these two boys. They spent the day thanking me for being their mom, but all I wanted to do was thank God for giving me way more than I deserve...a wonderful family, an amazing husband and father to my boys, great in-laws, and the two best kids around! Thank you Brody and Colby for making my mother's day, and every day, so special!












Happy Mother's day to all moms everywhere! I hope your day was as special as mine.


No comments: