Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No Cavity Club

The boys had their dentist appointments yesterday morning. As required, Colby took his antibiotic one hour prior to his cleaning. It amazes me that the pharmacy gives us an entire bottle of Amoxicillin for Colby to only take 2 teaspoons prior to his appointment. It seems so wasteful to throw this full bottle away, but no one asked me!!

Brody did great! He sat so still for his cleaning and even had his first x-rays done, which turned out perfectly! Colby did pretty well. He sat still, but he didn't like keeping his mouth open. Every time she put her finger or a tool in, he would bite down. I'm just thankful he didn't bite her!! He has definitely bitten me a time or two while trying to brush his teeth.

I'm very happy to report that both boys earned a place in the no cavity club! They got to put their names up on the wall in the office, and they received a certificate. They were very proud of their clean, sparkly teeth, and so are we!






1 comment:

Gary Walenga said...

My wife is 21 weeks pregnant with our first child (boy) and was just diagnosed with Tricuspid Atresia. While it has been probably the hardest three days of our lives (and many more coming), I just wanted to let you know that your blog has really encouraged me and I am sure my wife once she reads this. I just started reading some of it and will likely read the rest of the posts tonight. What a beautiful family!

We will lean heavily on our faith throughout this process and while I still hope for God to heal my baby boy before he is born, I now can see that this process has done amazing things in your lives even if the hard gets in the way sometimes.

For I (we!) can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Phillipians 4:13

Gary Walenga
gary.walenga@gmail.com

Colorado Springs, CO