Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter 2014

  


With Shug passing away on Good Friday, Easter was a little tough.  I am so happy that she is in Heaven with God and reunited with Papa, but I am also very sad that she isn't here with us.  Growing up, my sister and I always went to Granny and Papa's house in Lafayette on Easter weekend to spend the night and go to church with them Easter morning.  Easter has always been a special holiday spent with Shug, so not having her here this Easter was very emotional.

We wanted to give our boys a Happy Easter, though, so after church, we went to Jeremy and Tammy's house for lunch and an Egg Hunt with Emilee and Kylee.  We left there and headed to my mom and dad's house for dinner and an Egg Hunt with Harper and Darbye.  It was nice to be surrounded by family all day, and I think that is the way Shug would have wanted it.














No comments: