Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Brody's 5th Birthday!

Brody turned 5 years old on Monday, August 22nd! He was so excited that he got to go to school on his birthday! On Sunday night, he helped me make some birthday cupcakes for all his friends. He knew exactly what he wanted too...chocolate cupcakes, green icing, and star sprinkles. According to Ms. Jennifer, the kids loved them!



After school, we came home for a short nap before Brody's 4:00 swim lesson. We had just enough time after swimming to come home for a snack and to play with his neighborhood friends for a few minutes before his first soccer practice of the season. Brody had a great practice. His coach and teammates are all very nice, and Brody had a lot of fun kicking the ball around again. He had a tough time choosing between baseball and soccer for the fall, but I think he will be happy with choosing soccer.





When soccer practice ended, we were ready for dinner!! As always, the boys get to choose on their special days. Surprisingly, Brody chose the same restaurant Colby chose on his birthday...Blue Coast Burrito followed by Maggie Moo's. So, we had a repeat of Colby's birthday, and it was delicious!



Brody had a very busy, but great birthday! When we were leaving for school, I told him how I couldn't believe he was already five and it kind of made me sad to see him so big. He couldn't have said anything more perfect when he replied, "I'm still your baby though!" I love this sweet boy!!!


Happy Birthday Brody! We love you so much and are very proud of you! You have been through a lot over the last few years with Colby's appointments, hospital stays, surgeries, etc, and you have handled it with a maturity unheard of for a five year old! I thank God every day for you, your health, your happiness, your maturity, your spirit, your compassion, your love for all those around you, and your smile! Your smile always brightens my day!!


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi Colby
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. U are a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I am so happy you had a great birthday! That is so cool! I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com