Thursday, August 18, 2011

Colby's First Day of Preschool

I can't even believe it myself, but Colby started Preschool on Tuesday!!!! This is more proof of how far we have come in the last three years!! We are past all of his surgeries, so Jason and I feel better about him being in a school environment with all of those germs. It is obviously still not good for him to get sick, but I think his heart is more able to handle an illness now. It's funny to think that about 6 months ago, we were dealing with Colby refusing to go into Sunday School at church. He would just cry and scream until we let him stay with us. He went through some major separation issues!! I'm so glad we are past that now, and he actually loves being in a classroom with other kids his age without me!

Colby was so excited about starting school Tuesday. I think he felt like a big kid going to the same school as Brody. When I dropped him off, he gave me a hug and kiss and then said, "Be right back?" He asks this every time Jason or I leave him for any amount of time. As long as we say, "Yes, we will be right back," he is happy and ready to play!



He is very proud of his new Cars 2 backpack that he picked out!! He insisted that I take a picture of it.






Brody was so funny on the way to school. I think he was a little worried about Colby starting Preschool. He kept giving him tips and going over rules. He told Colby, "no hitting your friends, share, and if somebody hits you, you go tell the teacher!" Ha!!! I love listening to their conversations!





Colby had a great first day of school!! His teachers, Ms. Sharon and Ms. Patty, are fabulous! I think he is going to have an awesome year and learn a lot!!



No comments: