Thursday, August 4, 2011

Colby's 3rd Birthday!

Colby celebrated his 3rd birthday on August 4!! He woke up around 7:30 and the first thing he said was, "it's my birTday!" The boys get to plan their special days, and Colby's first choice was to have breakfast at the new McDonald's. He wanted a biscuit, a yogurt, and a chocolate milk.

As we were eating breakfast, Colby tried to show me his three fingers. It started out as 4 fingers and him saying, "I'm freeeee!" After some practice, though, he finally got it!
















Colby's next choice for the day was to go to the pool. As always we had a lot of fun swimming! Coach Will was there working, so the boys got to play with him for a while! That really made Colby happy! They love Coach Will!!

For dinner, Colby wanted Blue Coast Burrito, so he could have cheese dip and chips and a cheese quesadilla. After dinner, we of course went to the boys' favorite ice cream place...Maggie Moo's. Colby asked for an ice cream cupcake, but he ended up only drinking Jason's milkshake. He loves chocolate, peanut butter, and banana milkshakes!!













We had a great day celebrating Colby's birthday! I have been in amazement all week that he is 3 now!! When I signed him up for Fall swim lessons and My Gym, I realized he is in all "big boy" classes now. No more mommy and me! This is a big milestone that makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I just can't believe how big and independent he is becoming!


The last 3 years have had many ups and downs!! It has been a roller coaster for sure! Colby has been through 2 cath procedures, 3 major heart surgeries, ER Visits, many tests and procedures, and many, many doctors' appointments. When Colby was born, we had no idea what to expect, but I will say that I don't think any of us pictured his first 3 years being this wonderful!! He has overcome and shown us just how strong he is. He is a happy, social, smart, and energetic little guy with a lot of love to give!!! God is so good, and we are very thankful for all of His blessings! I know God has big plans for our little Colby!!


Happy Birthday Colby!! We love you so much, and we are very, very proud of you! You are officially a big boy now, but you will always be my baby!!!!!

No comments: