Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Day of School

Our boys started school on August 5.  I cannot believe how fast the summer flew by.  I am going to miss having these two crazy kids with me every day!

Brody is now in the 1st grade at Merrol Hyde Magnet School.  He passed Merrol Hyde's admissions test and was 8th on the waiting list before Kindergarten.  The Tuesday before school started this year, the principal at Merrol Hyde called to let us know that a spot had just opened and Brody was next on the list.  We never expected him to get in so quickly, but we are very excited that he did!  We are looking forward to a great year of learning and fun with his teacher, Mrs. Pinson.  




Colby starts Kindergarten this year at Hendersonville Bible Kindergarten with Mrs. Becky and Mrs. Jamie.  I cannot believe that he is 5 and starting Kindergarten! They are both growing up way too fast!  I keep reminding myself that with his birthday being right at the cut off in August, though, we are going to have him repeat Kindergarten again next year (like Brody did).  That has kept me from completely falling apart emotionally.  Next year, on the other hand, I will be a mess!



Jason has recently changed jobs, and his new job has given him the opportunity to take the boys to school occasionally and sometimes even pick them up.  Brody and Colby are loving this, and I am too.   I am very thankful for this blessing of more time with Jason!

Watch out Kindergarten...here comes Colby!!!


No comments: