Thursday, June 18, 2009

Date Night with Brody

This past Saturday night, Brody and I went on our first date! This is the first time that I have been able to spend special time with Brody, where we were actually doing something fun. When I told him we were going out without Daddy and Colby, the first thing he said was, "We have to go pick up Colby's medicine?" Wow! That made me really sad!! Is that all he thinks that he and I can do together...stuff for Colby? I told him that this night was all about him!

Brody and I started our date at my nieces' dance recital. I wasn't sure how Brody would do at TPAC watching dance after dance, but he absolutely loved it! He sat in my lap, and I don't think he took his eyes off of the stage for more than a few seconds the entire time. He was so cute! He really got into clapping as each dance finished. I should have known he would enjoy it, since he loves music and dancing so much! He even asked me if he could learn to break dance "like those boys on the stage." I am all for it, but I don't know if daddy is! My nieces, Harper and Darbye, did awesome, and my sister's (Jeanine) dancers all did amazing as well. (Jeanine is a teacher at the studio, DC Dance Factory in Franklin / this is also where I took dance for many years)


After the recital, Brody and I were starving, so we stopped at Sonic for a quick dinner. As we were waiting on our food to come out, Brody said, "mommy come back here and eat with me." So, we sat in the back of the car eating our dinner and talking about all of the fun we were having. I wish I could have frozen time right then and there. My little baby Brody is getting so big. I want to stop and cherish every moment where he asks to hold my hand, sit in my lap, or have a special dinner with just the two of us. He is just so awesome!


I can't wait for our next date night. I had so much fun spending that special time with Brody with no interruptions. Jason also had a good time spending some quality time with Colby with no interruptions from Brody. We have decided that we will have to do this more often!

1 comment:

Christina Leinen said...

Becca! How precious - I too often wish I could freeze time for all of those special moments. I am so glad everyone seems to be doing great. I continue to think of you often and pray for all of you. SOMEDAY we will see each other again and our families can meet! I can't wait!