Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Brody and Colby are so lucky to have such an amazing daddy! He is attentive, loving, comforting, encouraging, supportive, firm when he needs to be, and very patient. I am sometimes amazed at his level of patience with the boys, especially when Brody has one of his occasional meltdowns or when Colby doesn't want to eat anything. Jason also has the amazing ability to just be a big kid, which I really admire and love about him. Brody and Colby always have so much fun with their daddy!


Jason, thank you for being such an incredible husband to me and dad to our two boys. I feel so blessed to have you! We have faced some terrifying challenges over the past year...challenges that we never could have even imagined. Together, though, we have somehow managed to survive. I know I would be so very lost without you! You always seem to be strong for me when I need you most, and you have been absolutely amazing with Colby and all of his doctors' appointments, ER visits, surgery, hospital stays, and just his everyday feeding issues. I appreciate you more than you will ever know! Thank you!

Since Jason is such a wonderful father and husband, I wanted to get him something extra special to help him remember this "just like daddy" stage that Brody is in right now. It is so cute how Brody wants to do everything just like his daddy! It is a little scary at times too, like when Brody pretends to spit into his "yucky bottle," but for the most part, Jason is a great person for Brody and Colby to imitate. So, I decided to have some pictures taken of the boys doing some of the things that daddy always does. This was a lot of fun and very easy, since Brody always does these things anyways.
A friend of mine and professional photographer, Shannon Watson, took the pictures for me, and she did an awesome job!! All of the pictures turned out so great! I had a very tough time choosing which pics to have printed for his collage frame, but luckily, Shannon was nice enough to help me decide. Jason LOVED it!! I am normally not able to surprise him with a gift that he really loves, so I am glad that we were able to do it for Father's Day. Thank you Shannon!!

Below are a few of my favorites that were taken. Jason and I can't wait to order some more to hang up in our house. Hope you enjoy! Also, visit http://www.shannonwatsonphoto.com/ to see more of Shannon's work. She is a very talented photographer and a super sweet person!



www.shannonwatsonphoto.com

1 comment:

The Rowell Family said...

These pictures are precious! What a wonderful idea... I know Jason loved it!