Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What?!?!?! Please weigh him again!

Well, today's weight check did not go well!! Little Colby moved in the wrong direction on the scale. He lost 4 oz, so he is now down to 11 lbs. I was so shocked that I actually did ask the nurse to weigh him again. I just can't believe that he lost ounces when he has eaten the best he has ever eaten this past week. He also has a little belly on him now! I don't really know what to make of this weight loss! Dr. Hudson did not seem too concerned, but he did actually come in to listen to his heart to make sure everything sounded good. Fortunately it did, and his sats were good at 87%. Dr. Hudson just said his little body works so hard because of his heart that he requires more calories than the average baby. I do realize that, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating!

I'm just so glad that I have Jason! He is truly an amazing husband and dad! Jason is always so positive, and he helps me to take a step back and look at the big picture. Colby is eating much better now, he is happy, and he is doing great overall. I have to focus on these positives and not obsess over the ounces on the scale. We will just pray for a better weight check next week.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

It sounds like he is doing Fabulous! I wouldn't worry about the weight gain he's probably just making some room for all of those Chirstmas Treats next week. You and Jason aer doing so great and love how encourageing you are to each other. Merry Christmas from my family to yours and may you have a blessed new year!

Kristy

Karen said...

My name is Karen and I just came across your site through "Adventures of a Funky Heart". You have a beautiful family.

My little girl, Melia, is almost three and has HRHS. She has tricuspid atresia, dextrocardia (backwards heart) and transposition of the great arteries. She has had the BT Shunt, the Glenn and will be having the Fontan in January.

I just wanted to share with you a support group that has been very helpful to us in the CHD journey. You can find them at www.hypoplasticrighthearts.org. They have an active forum board and though I don't post very often, I lurk there and learn lots. It is just nice to be able to connect to others going through the same issues.

I see that you are in TN. We live in Boone, NC. My daughter has her surgeries at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.

I will keep Colby and your family in my prayers. These heart babies are so strong and amazing. I have learned so much from my daughter.

I hope your family has a very Merry Christmas!

Heart Hugs,
Karen Haury
ucomk94 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and diligent prayers are with you and your family. Your strength through God shows, and you are an amazing family. Colby's name is in my prayers every night.

Anonymous said...

ask your doctor about polyjoule....athletes and old people add it to their food. (It may clog him up.)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Hitchcock's!
We love you!
The McGee's