Monday, March 9, 2026

Burnin' for Bucks 2026

Our 9th Annual Burnin for Bucks is in the books, and once again, all I can say is WOW!!  I'm forever grateful to this community for continuing to rally around this event each year and making it such a success.  My prayer has always been to use this event to bring more awareness to CHDs and to raise money for research that will benefit so many kids living with a CHD, and I feel like we are really doing that!

We had 56 teams of 2 compete this year, and every one of them showed up and showed out!!  I saw PRs, I saw people doing things they didn't think they could do, and I saw so much love and encouragement between teams that it brought happy tears to my eyes.  We even had two teams come from Georgia to compete.  It was amazing having them as part of the event, especially since one of the athletes has a child with a CHD.  With registrations, direct donations, shirts, raffle items, and Simply Nourished treats, we raised $13,372.55!!  

Thank you Caitlin for coordinating the best group of judges ever!  Thank you judges!  Thank you McKenzie for always taking such awesome photos during the event!  Thank you Christine and Cady for heading up the raffle items.  I think we had the best items we've ever had!  Thank you to Christine for all the behind the scenes work as well and shirts!  Thank you Cynthia for making Simply Nourished treats to keep the athletes, judges, and supporters fed and happy!  Thank you Lori, Chelsea, and Jeremiah for being the best team and continuing to support this event each year.

Jeremiah, I obviously love this event, and I'm so thankful for all the work you put into planning and organizing.  We make such a great team!

Jason, Brody, and Colby...I love you guys, and I am so thankful for your support! Colby, thank you for coming so early and sharing a little before the event.  You and Dr. Doyle make a great team as well.  

Year 10 is coming, and we plan on making it our biggest and best year yet!!  Get Ready Burn Boot Camp Hendersonville!



















No comments: